Public meetings coming up next week.
Tuesday 11 September 2012
2012 transport + Cycling in London
Transport Committee – 9.30am in the Chamber
From 9.30am: London 2012 transport
Transport Commissioner Peter Hendy will update the Committee on how the network performed during the Games, and the transport legacy for London.
From approx 10am: Cycling in London
Committee Members will question the following guests as part of the Committee’s review of cycling in the capital:
- Dr Rachel Aldred, Director, Sustainable Mobilities Research Group, University of East London
- Karen Dee, Director of Policy, Freight Transport Association
- Ben Plowden, Director of Planning, Surface Transport, TfL
- Steffen Rasmussen, Head of Traffic Design, City of Copenhagen
- Roelof Wittink, Director of the Dutch Cycling Embassy
MEDIA CONTACT: Dana Rothenberg on 020 7983 4603
Wednesday 12 September 2012
London Fire and Emergency Planning Authority
Full Assembly – 10am in the Chamber
The Assembly will question James Cleverly AM in his capacity as Chairman of the London Fire and Emergency Planning Authority (LFEPA) and Commissioner Ron Dobson on the work and priorities of London’s fire service.
MEDIA CONTACT: Mark Demery on 020 7983 5769
Wednesday 12 September 2012
NHS and public health reform
Health and Environment Committee – 2.30pm in Committee Room 5
Committee Members will question the following guests about the impact of NHS and public health reform in London:
- Dame Ruth Carnall DBE, Chief Executive, NHS London
- Dr Simon Tanner, Regional Director of Public Health, NHS London and Health Advisor to the GLA
- Dave Buck, Senior Fellow, Public Health and Inequalities, The Kings Fund
- Professor Adrian Renton, Director, Institute for Health and Human Development, University of East London
- Amanda Coyle, Assistant Director of Health and Communities, Greater London Authority
MEDIA CONTACT: Lisa Moore on 020 7983 4228
Thursday 13 September 2012
Community Infrastructure Levy
Planning Committee – 2pm in the Chamber
The Committee will question the following experts about the introduction of the new Community Infrastructure Levy in London:
- Ian Rae, Team Leader Planning Policy, London Borough of Redbridge
- Rob Krzyszowski, Policy Planner, London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham
- Keith Holland, Assistant Director, Planning Inspectorate
- Sarah Monk, Deputy Director, Cambridge Centre for Housing and Planning Research
- Alex Morton, Senior Research Fellow for Housing and Planning at Policy Exchange
- Rachel Fisher, Head of Homes and Land, National Housing Federation
MEDIA CONTACT: Alastair Cowan on 020 7983 4504
Friday 14 September 2012
Economy Committee – 9.30am-5pm, various locations
The Committee will visit the following high streets – and speak to shopkeepers and local traders - as part of its inquiry into tackling empty shops and boosting town centres:
- 9.30am – Peckham Rye
- 11.30am – Broadway, Stratford
- 2pm – Chatsworth Road, Hackney
- 4pm – Green Lanes, Haringey
Media are invited to attend. All times are approximate - please contact Alastair Cowan on 020 7983 4504 in advance for more information or to confirm your attendance.
Notes for Editors:
- More information about the investigation into cycling in London
- More information about the Community Infrastructure Levy investigation
- More information about the empty shops investigation
- London Assembly meetings are held at City Hall, The Queen’s Walk, London SE1 2AA and are open to the media and members of the public.
- Detailed agenda papers for all the meetings are available on our website.
- All our public meetings are webcast live and are available online for up to six months.
- As well as investigating issues that matter to Londoners, the London Assembly acts as a check and a balance on the Mayor.
For more information, please contact the media team on 020 7983 4283. For out of hours media enquiries, call 020 7983 4000 and ask for the London Assembly duty press officer. Non-media enquiries should be directed to the Public Liaison Unit on 020 7983 4100.