The London Assembly will tomorrow question London Fire and Emergency Planning Authority (LFEPA) Chairman James Cleverly AM and Commissioner Ron Dobson about the work and policies of LFEPA and the London Fire Brigade.
Subjects for questioning will be:
- Seeking views of firefighters about future savings from support services
- Privatisation of core parts of the fire service
- Discussions between the Mayor or his office with LFEPA officers before setting the £65 million savings target
- Maintaining front-line services and resilience cover while meeting the £65 million savings target
The meeting will take place on Wednesday, 12 September from 10am in the Chamber at City Hall (The Queen’s Walk, London SE1).
Media and members of the public are invited to attend. The meeting can also be viewed via webcast.
Notes for Editors:
- Full agenda papers.
- As well as investigating issues that matter to Londoners, the London Assembly acts as a check and a balance on the Mayor.