The capital’s fire, police and transport organisations, along with City Hall itself, are expected to find £1.1 billion of savings to balance next year’s budget. What progress is being made towards this target and how will the Mayor ensure his priorities are still delivered?
The London Assembly Budget and Performance Committee will tomorrow question the Mayor’s new Chief of Staff, Sir Edward Lister, about the Mayor’s Budget Guidance for 2012/13, including where organisations in the GLA Group should focus their spending.
Members will also ask the Mayor’s budget advisor, Nicholas Griffin, about progress to reduce the GLA’s annual procurement bill by £300 million by 2013/14 through sharing more services.
During the second part of the meeting, the Committee will ask further questions of the Mayor’s Director of Marketing about the SportAccord International Sporting Convention, which took place in April 2011, and the London Brand .
The following guests will attend the meeting:
From 10am: The Mayor’s Budget Guidance for 2012/13 and Shared Services
- Sir Edward Lister, Mayor’s Chief of Staff
- Nicholas Griffin, Mayor’s Advisor on Budgets and Performance
From approximately 11.30am: Sport Accord and the London Brand
- Daniel Ritterband, Director of Marketing, GLA
The Budget and Performance Committee meeting will take place on Thursday, 7 July 2011 from 10am in Committee Room 5 at City Hall (The Queen’s Walk, London SE1).
Media and members of the public are invited to attend. The meeting can also be viewed via webcast.
Notes for Editors:
- See P2 of the Mayor’s Budget Guidance.
- From 2012/13, the GLA Group includes the Mayor, London Assembly, Transport for London (TfL); the London Fire and Emergency Planning Authority (LFEPA); and the Metropolitan Police Authority (MPA).
- See p9 of the Mayor’s Budget Guidance
- This follows a previous Committee meeting on 9 June 2011 at which Members discussed SportAccord and the London Brand. See the archived webcast.
- See full agenda papers for the meeting.
- See more information about the Committee’s work on the Mayor’s Budget
- The Chair of the Budget and Performance Committee, John Biggs AM, is available for interview. See contact details below.
- As well as investigating issues that matter to Londoners, the London Assembly acts as a check and a balance on the Mayor.
For media enquiries, please contact Julie Wheldon/Lisa Moore on 020 7983 4228/4283. For out of hours media enquiries, call 020 7983 4000 and ask for the London Assembly duty press officer. Non-media enquiries should be directed to the Public Liaison Unit on 020 7983 4100.