London Assembly Member
- Deputy Chair of the Planning Committee
- Member of the Confirmation Hearings Committee
- Member of GLA Oversight Committee
- Member of the Housing Committee
- Croydon & Sutton
- Register of Members' Interests
- Register of Members' Interests - Steve O'Connell
- Steve O'Connell's expenses
- Gifts and Hospitality
- Steve O'Connell Gifts and Hospitality
Steve has been a Croydon Councillor for Kenley since 2002 and was Deputy Leader of the Council.
Steve is a South Londoner who studied at Brockley Grammar School and who is a lifelong Crystal Palace supporter. An animal lover, he shares his life with four dogs and Louis the cat. He is also married to Michele with grown up children.
He successfully stood for election in May 2008 as the GLA candidate for Croydon and Sutton and was re-elected in 2010. He has a particular interest in crime and safety, plus community cohesion as well as protecting our environment and green spaces. He is also a firm advocate for social mobility.
He was appointed as the Parliamentary Political Spokesman for Sutton Conservatives in 2011 and was appointed as a non-executive adviser for neighbourhoods for the Mayor's Office for Policing and Crime (MOPAC) in October 2012.
Biographical information as supplied by individual Assembly Members.
The Queen's Walk
London SE1 2AA
Telephone: 020 7983 4405