London Assembly Member
- Labour Party
- 3 May 2012
- Member of the Economy Committee
- Member of the Environment Committee
- Member of the Health Committee
- Member of the London Fire and Emergency Planning Authority
- Barnet and Camden
- Register of Members' Interests
- Register of Members' Interests - Andrew Dismore
- Andrew Dismore's expenses
- Gifts and Hospitality
- Andrew Dismore Gifts and Hospitality
Andrew was the MP for Hendon from 1997 to 2010. In a varied parliamentary career, Andrew built a reputation as an expert in private members’ legislation and chaired the Joint Select Committee on Human Rights.
He also served on the Standards and Privileges Committee for 9 years, the Work and Pensions Committee for 7 years and the powerful Liaison Committee for 5 years.
Growing up in a political family, Andrew began his career in politics in 1982, as the then youngest ever councillor on Westminster City Council, becoming Leader of the Labour Group in 1990.
Prior to entering Parliament, Andrew had been a partner at Thompsons and at Russell Jones and Walker, specialising in personal injury and trades union law. Andrew now works as a consultant specialising in legal affairs. Andrew Dismore is the co-ordinator of the Access to Justice Group, AJAG .
Biographical information as supplied by individual Assembly Members.
The Queen's Walk
London SE1 2AA
Telephone: 020 7983 5529